- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup water
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 pound catfish fillets, cut in strips
- 1 1/2 cups fine cornmeal
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon seafood seasoning
- 1 quart vegetable oil for deep frying
In a small bowl, mix buttermilk, water, salt, and pepper. Pour mixture into a flat pan large enough to hold the fillets. Spread fish in one layer over bottom of pan, turning to coat each side, and set aside to marinate.
In a 2 gallon resealable plastic bag, combine the cornmeal, flour, and seafood seasoning. Add fish to mixture, a few fillets at a time, and tumble gently to coat evenly.